Maple Garage Beaver Rally 2002 Final Instructions
Thank you for your entry, which we confirm has been accepted. Your start number is shown on the attached entry list, and your start time from Maple Garage will be 00:00 hours plus your start number.
- START PROCEDURE
- Proceed to the sound test at 107/20703575. Approach from the west at 21:00 hours plus your start number. The sound test will NOT open until this time. The Environmental Scrutineer will provide you with a scrutineering sheet with your sound test results written on.
- After successfully passing the sound test, proceed to Maple Garage, Sproatley at 107/20353500 for petrol, Scrutineering and documentation. Please follow the diagram on page 4 and any marshals' instructions. You will require your Scrutineering sheet and damage declaration form. This will enable the scrutineer to mark any damage at the start of the event. Maple Garage accept the following cards:- MasterCard: Visa: Switch/Delta as well as cash and cheques.
Upon obtaining the Scrutineers' approval, please park on the forecourt and proceed to documentation in the showroom of Maple Garage taking with you the following:
After signing on, you will be issued with your rally pack. (Numbers will be in your pack.)
If anyone requires their competition licence signing, please leave it at signing on, accompanied by a stamped addressed envelope.
Please ensure you sign any championship registration forms as you sign on.
COMPETITORS ARE REMINDED OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Completed Scrutineering card
- Competition licences for both driver and navigator
- Valid club membership cards
- Cars competing in rallies other than special stage rallies may not carry a radio-transmitting device (K12.11). Mobile phones may be carried for use in an emergency only.
- Competitors must STOP before entering any road protected by a give way or stop sign or any junction higher than the road on which you are on.
Failure to obey this regulation will be penalised as in ASR16s.
Please refer to the regulations for the types of controls used on the event.
Competitors are reminded that the onus of ensuring that they receive the correct time rests with them (K16.5 and K17.5 refers). This means you should ensure that marshals write the time on your card VERY CLEARLY AND LEGIBLY. The results team interpretation might be different to yours!
Route checks will consist of a 7 digit numerical and alphabetical code, which is to be written your time cards. The marshal at the next control will initial for this. If a code is missing he will cross through the box. A maximum of 2 wrong characters will be allowed without penalty providing it resembles the original code.
The route instructions will indicate areas which are deemed Quiet Zones. These will be preceded by a 'QUIET' board at the start of the section. An 'OK' board will be placed just before the control board at the end of the section. These areas must be passed through quietly and on dipped headlights. These may also appear in standard sections and should be driven sensitively.
Fog lights may only be used if conditions permit as required by the Road Traffic Act.
You are reminded that the police may observe the event and may use speed guns. PLEASE TAKE NOTE. Last year we had no convictions and I would like to keep it that way for future years.
During the course of our public relations work the following points have been raised numerous times:
Please help to solve these problems.
PRESENTATION OF AWARDS
- Damage to crops/hedges without notification: damage is caused to crops by cars leaving the road and travelling across what might seem to be ploughed fields. Any competitor found to be travelling across agricultural land by a marshal, judge of fact or an official and not notifying the organisers will be excluded from the event.
- Competitor attitude: for example not dipping headlights, not making room for other road users, making excessive noise, not reporting damage, etc.
The presentation of the awards will be held after the event at the finish venue assuming the results have been declared final.
The petrol halts also accept the same methods of payment for goods as Maple Garage.
- RTC. If you arrive early at these controls you may wait for your time without penalty. You must not make up any time at this control.
- IRTC. These are secret controls where you will be timed to the second. If you are early you may wait at the control without penalty.
- All other penalties will apply as per the regulations.
For those with Internet access, the results will be posted on our web site during the event, starting after the first petrol halt. Our web address is www.bdmc.org.uk
The organisers trust that you will have an enjoyable night's sport and wish you all GOOD LUCK.
Should you require any further details, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Start Venue Diagram